Monday, March 12, 2012

TROT TROT TO BOSTON

A few weeks ago I traveled home to Boston after almost a year of being away. It was my Mom's birthday and my father and I planned a last minute surprise for her, which we totally pulled off! It was really great to be home and just relax. We enjoyed some time on the ocean for brunch, which is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. 

I love the simplicity of the idea behind Instagram - connecting photography to social media in a simple format. It's great to see people from all around the world sharing little tidbits of their lives, or even seeing companies incorporating it into their marketing structure. Isn't it fascinating how many different ways we can use the same social media platform for different purposes? 

Since I'm constantly searching for ways to market my freelance business in fun and unique ways, I did a little research and discovered this awesome, crowd sourced music video that The Vaccines created using Instagram photos from their fans. What a great way for fans to feel connected to an artist they admire, to actually be included in one of their music videos. It's really refreshing to see examples of social media being used in a meaningful way - it has certainly evolved from reading about what everyone had for lunch. While I think social media can be a slippery slope, there are so many wonderful ways to learn about the world because of it.

This is the start of a weekly series featuring highlights from my own instagram feed, my own little tidbits. Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...